Tuesday, June 26, 2007

COMMUNITY LIFE & PRAYER | June 26 Week

What do you think of the picture? I initially put it up more for amusement than anything. But, as we prayed yesterday during the day, God has already created a perfect community, mirroring the unity of the Trinity - the community of Father, Son and Spirit. We do not have to create unity, it is there for us to take hold of! We can't excuse our disunity as a result of our "imperfectness" - we are united in Christ by the Holy Spirit already! May TILT reflect this unity and may the world know God by the love we have one another. I'll pray for that!

As always post your own prayer requests/stories for praise here.

A few other things we can pray for:
At TILT:
:. There are potentially, from what I know, four families from TILT (Halls/Adams/Moores/Kays) all moving within the next month. This can often be a stressful time and difficult in moving from a certain neighbourhood. May God grant peace and a sense of excitement about moving into a new neighbourhood. What is exciting for us (I speak for myself [Scott] only here, but I'm sure the others would agree) is that we are all moving into the same neighbourhood around Yonge & Sheppard. An awesome opportunity to be missionaries together in the area around Spring Garden! Are there any other people moving that we can pray for?
:. Continue to pray for Matt's step-brother Trevor and his family as they care for him.
:. Continue to pray for Martin as he prepares to head to France. Read more here.
:. We had a good day-long meeting yesterday as TILT leadership (thanks for praying). Pray that what God spoke to us and what became clear to us through the day would be brought into practice. In particular, pray for unity between TILT and the broader Spring Garden community - we affirm our part of that community and want to seek to be truly committed to one another in support and unity.

Broader Community:
:. There is supposed to be a First Nations blockade from Toronto to Montreal on Friday (read more here). This is a "national day of action". I'm not even sure what or how to pray for this. The First Nations people have been hurt so badly and yet confrontation and violence will not bring reconciliation in this nation. This is especially poignant for us as we can visibly be people of reconciliation as we visit the Moose Deer Point First Nations Reserve in August.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI All!
I hope you are enjoying your week. Martin - if you are reading this, look forward to hearing about your mission's trip to France! You are in our prayers.

Prayer request for me today would be for WISDOM - this was my main prayer request at AIA all the time.. but know prayer for WISDOM with being a new mom, moving, other ministry opportunities,etc... That would be great.

ALSO - if you could pray for continued healing from my c-section that would be great... it is still painful at times and I would love to get running again!! :).
Thanks all.
Would love to pray for you... let us know any specifics.
Monica

Anonymous said...

I have 2 more days to work until the summer break. I am overwhelmed with the amount of work still to be done to close up the office and have all the September set up done as well. Also there are 8 staff members leaving, one who I am very close to. So, not only am I physically and mentally drained, I am also emotionally drained.
Please pray that I would be able to keep focused and that I will have the strength to finish well. Under this type of stress I also become a bit cranky. Please pray for my family (Wes, Colin, Candice & Amanda) as they have to live with me through this.

One more thing please pray that the wedding planning for Candice and Jason will continue to go well. They are getting married Aug 4.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I've got a paper due tonight (Wednesday) at 6:30 pm...I'm just starting this morning. Prayer for focus and flowing thoughts would be much appreciated!

TILT said...

One of the prayers this morning in the Divine Offices was for the Church in Canada...About a month ago, we were praying for the Anglican synod and the issue of blessing same-sex unions. The vote was on Friday and was narrowly defeated (although it was recognize that same-sex unions did not violate the core doctrine of the church). Matt correct me if I'm wrong there.
Obviously, this continues to be a divisive issue in the church (not just Anglican) and we need to pray for wisdom, discernment and compassion.
Read about the decision here.

Anonymous said...

Hey Everyone,
I feel like I have been asking for prayer for this forever, but I will humbly ask again. I am so close to being done the full-time support raising phase of my ministry with Athletes in Action. Please pray that God would raise up people to give the remaining finances I need to report. I am at 90% of my minimum goal to report! Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Wanted to let you all know that the closing of school went well and everything is organized for September start up. I can now begin to wind down from all the stress of the past year.

Scott, hope your paper got finished on time.

Praying for all of you who are moving this summer.

blessings,
cheryl

Anonymous said...

Becki - we will continue to pray for you. So close! Cheryl, thanks for keeping us updated. We were praying that you would leave with fond memories of the people that are moving on and be energized by the relationships you have had with them.

I did finish my paper. Perhaps not the highest of quality, but it's done! Thank you for your prayers.