Tuesday, April 3, 2007

COMMUNITY LIFE & PRAYER | April 3 Week

One of the stations on Palm Sunday was about Jesus Dying on the Cross (read the handout here). When Jesus died, the curtain which separated God from the rest of the world (symbolically) was torn. Gene's question to us was:

But I wonder – did the veil rip so we could enter the heart of
the temple? Or did the veil rip so God could get out?
How does the death of Jesus bring you into closer and more
intimate relationship with God? Are you actually utilizing that access?
How does God want to get out into the world through you?

Pray through these questions this week. Pray for the places God 'wants to get out into' through you. As always, post your thoughts, reflection, prayer requests and stories here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to share my experience from Sunday evening. When we started to move into the stations the first one was to lay a palm branch or coat on the stairs. I carelessly and without much thought dropped my jacket on the stairs. It wasn't until after I had finished the stations and was sitting down again that I realized what I had done.

I don't carry a purse very often, so I stuff my jacket pockets with everything. In my jacket was my identity (wallet with all my ID), my privileges (driver's license, credit cards), "my" day planner, my possessions (keys to my cars and house), my health or lack of; my emotions (kleenex); my sight (glasses).
In essence I had just thrown my "life" on the road for a donkey to step on. But moreso without realizing it at first is that I had thrown down my life for Jesus.

I'm not sure what it all means or what is coming next.

Anonymous said...

Hello friends,
As you all know, this weekend we have 4 worship gatherings which I am responsible for planning and organizing the details. It's my desire that these be genuine Christian celebrations of Christ while at the same time speaking the good news in a real way to visitors who don't know Christ in a personal and significant way. However, because of the busyness of the week it's hard to keep my priorities from just being to survive!
Please pray for all who are part of this weekend at Spring, and please pray for me for strength and joy!
Thanks!