Tuesday, May 1, 2007

COMMUNITY LIFE & PRAYER | May 1Week

Rebecca led us in prayer this Sunday evening - guiding us through praying for one another as a TILT community, for our city, Toronto and for broader international issues. Scott challenged us to hear the mission to which God is calling TILT - to receive it and respond to it in faith. Please post any reflections, thoughts, answers to prayer and of course prayer needs!

One thing on our hearts as leadership today was marriage. We were praying specifically for one person, but we know the numbers tell us that on the whole Christian marriage is no better off than society as a whole. Pray for marriages within the TILT community, but also the institution of marriage as a whole!

As always, please post through the comments!

4 comments:

PeaceLoveandJay said...

I have found myself meditating on Matt's words as I pay attention to my own words. I often find myself looking for the opportunity to bash others in order to pamper my own pride, so I appreciate the encouragement not to do so.

A great book that looks at our human need to do this is "searching for God Knows What" Donald Miller.

Anonymous said...

Hey friends, as many of you heard on Sunday night, Mon's diabetes and pregnancy has caused some minor eye damage that may or may not be permanent. As you can imagine it's a bit of a scary place to be, especially since there are still a few more weeks of pregnancy, plus the big push!
Please pray that it isn't permanent and that the damage would repair itself. More importantly, please pray for Mon that she'd have peace with God and continued trust in His hand on her physically (and mentally and emotionally and spiritually!).
Thanks friends

Anonymous said...

Hello again. On sunday night a homeless young adult named California was murdered. California was someone who regularly lived at Sanctuary. We need to be praying for all of the workers and guests at Sanctuary, including Diana, as they mourn California, but we also desperately need to be praying for the homeless community who deal with this more than many of us are aware. Seems to me we also need to pray about what our part is in this, as when we as followers of Christ don't actively work for the rights of the poor we are actually supporting their oppression. Greg
PS small as this may be, there is a place to pay your respects on facebook.com called "In Memory of California"

Anonymous said...

Jay - thanks for your honesty and I, too, have found the same. In some ways, it goes back to Greg's sermon about simply following Jesus as He is leading us. We are called to speak generously and graciously to others always in response to God's grace and love in our own lives. May we know His grace more and more so that we respond to others as He responds to us.

Greg, thanks for the post about California. For some reason, that really hit home. I talk a lot about social justice, but my walk is not yet matching my talk. It is something that always bugs me, yet I don't change my actions. Pray for transformation and revival in this area!