Monday, March 26, 2007

COMMUNITY Life & Prayer | Week of March 26

Last night, since the commissioning went a little over time, we missed out on a planned time of prayer, which is totally fine because we firmly believe in commissioning everyone and we were all really excited about it I think! So, this post will center on what was going to be the focus of our time in prayer at TILT last night.

The premise of commissioning is, of course, that we are sent out into the world, to the places where we already are. Yes, God may call you elsewhere, but where you are right now is where God has called you!

So, let's spend the week praying for the places to which we have been sent, the people to whom we have been called to serve and things to which we have been commissioned to do.

Post a comment as you desire and we can pray for one another as a community - where do you work? who do you interact with? what do you do? To whom has God sent you? Post your thoughts and we can journey together through our commissioning and pray for one another.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,

How goes it? I don't know about you, but I felt like the commissioning service was pretty powerful.

Anyhow, prayer. If you could pray for discernment and clarity in my sense of call/vocation in acting and that I would begin to establish presence and relationships in the industry (success would be helpful too=). Also, if you could pray for the seminary I'm at, Wycliffe College and the two places I work sporadically, a law firm and valet parking. Both jobs give me great opportunities to connect with people and have deep conversation.

Hope all is well. I will check back for your prayers too!

Matt Adams

Anonymous said...

I know this isn't about the places to which I'm called, but...My good friend's mother was in a serious car accident recently and is in hospital - I don't know details but prayers for her and the family would be much appreciated. Another friend of mine's wife is also in the hospital and may need surgery tomorrow - pray that she doesn't and God will bring healing and restoration to that situation. Thank you!!

PeaceLoveandJay said...

Here is a little about where I am called. CBC radio's metro morning did a spot on the community, looking at the revitalization project. I'm not sure how I feel about the project, but I do know that the community is always in need of prayer.
check out the link, some of our kids and families are featured in the local heroes section.

http://www.cbc.ca/toronto/features/lheights/