Tuesday, October 16, 2007

COMMUNITY Life & Prayer | Week of October 15

Let's continue to pray for our community, and our city:
:. Sarah P and her family as they deal with her dad's illness
:. Lindzie's mom is back in the hospital - pray for her and the family
:. Pray for the new Ontario government (well, re-elected) - that they would lead with integrity, that we as the church would submit to them yet challenge them with the reality of God's Kingdom
:. Pray for anyone at TILT through the prayer map here. (NOTE: If your information is out of date, please let me know - tilt.toronto AT gmail.com!!)
:. Pray for the many students at TILT in the midst of mid-term madness.

As Peggy was praying on Sunday, the Psalms reflect so much of our struggle in this life, yet our confidence in God. Check out Psalm 28:

Psalm 28
Of David.
1 To you I call, O LORD my Rock;
do not turn a deaf ear to me.
For if you remain silent,
I will be like those who have gone down to the pit.

2 Hear my cry for mercy
as I call to you for help,
as I lift up my hands
toward your Most Holy Place.

3 Do not drag me away with the wicked,
with those who do evil,
who speak cordially with their neighbors
but harbor malice in their hearts.

4 Repay them for their deeds
and for their evil work;
repay them for what their hands have done
and bring back upon them what they deserve.

5 Since they show no regard for the works of the LORD
and what his hands have done,
he will tear them down
and never build them up again.

6 Praise be to the LORD,
for he has heard my cry for mercy.

7 The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy
and I will give thanks to him in song.

8 The LORD is the strength of his people,
a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.

9 Save your people and bless your inheritance;
be their shepherd and carry them forever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would appreciate prayer as I face my licensing exam (my second last "hoop" to become a psychologst in Ontario) this coming Monday. Please pray that I would feel at peace during these last few days of studying, and that I would be able to make good use of the time that remains. Also, given the HUGE amount of info covered on this exam, pray that the appropriate info would come to mind as I answer questions. Thanks!!

TILT said...

Hey Les. Thanks for sharing - we'll definitely be praying. Only one more hoop after this. Yay!

Also, Elaine, who teaches at People's, recently found out that the school needs to be relocated within the next year or so - pray for a location to come up and for a sense of peace and confidence among teachers, students, and parents.

Anonymous said...

Hi all. Praying for you Les and Elaine!

I have a heavy heart for the situations in both Pakistan and Myanamar... Pray for freedom.... for encouragement for the monks in myanmar and for the comfort of those who lost loved ones from the recent bombing in Pakistan.. and for wisdom for the leader there. I am not totally sure how to pray.

I am thankful for Canada.... and the freedom in Christ.

TILT said...

If you aren't sure what's happening in Myanmar...this is the latest - although it's not much about the situation.