Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Our Stories | Jan D'Angelo

Jan D'Angelo is a beloved part of our TILT community. As many of you know, she has been ardently working with LAUNCH for the past year. (Note that a permanent link to LAUNCH is now under "TILT Friends" on the right.) Read more of her story...

It was a year ago that I returned to the workforce and began my journey with LAUNCH. It has literally flown, as I have been stretched and challenged and encouraged and inspired! My resolve has been to try and remember to pause and wait for the Lord to show me the next step about everything…and He has proven to be kind and faithful. I have found Youth Unlimited to be a special place to “hang my hat” three days a week as the LAUNCH Coach Coordinator. It is an organization that sets the bar high and in doing so, encourages each of their employees and volunteers to serve the Lord whole-heartedly and with excellence, as well. I feel well cared for…and that says a lot!

Since I last corresponded with you there have been a number of new LAUNCH developments:
:. Our 360° Leadership Assessment has been well received by many who develop youth, on an ongoing basis. It has helped in putting together target goals for growth in their leadership development and tracking their progress. It is available free of charge and can be downloaded from out website www.321launch.ca. I actually used this assessment tool in the Spring to target some areas where I need to be growing in my leadership development as the LAUNCH Coach Coordinator. It has helped me to be much more intentional as I lead.
:. DreamLAUNCHTM, a computer program that assists young leaders as they launch their dream, is available for the nominal purchase price of $10 (free to LAUNCH coaches and LAUNCHees). This phenomenal tool is a great resource for anyone who is guiding a young person in the discovery of ‘who’ God has created them to be and the ‘how’s’ of putting in place a project of dream that they are bursting to tell the world about. To view a sample and the potential of DreamLAUNCHTM see our website www.321launch.ca.
:. On September 23rd we held our second Coaching Workshop and we now have a total of 11 coaches committed to walk alongside the young leaders. They vary in age from the late 20’s to the early 70’s and bring a wealth of life-experience and expertise to LAUNCH. Their biographies can be found in the ‘coaches’ section of our website. We are grateful for how the Lord has brought each one to us. Our next Coaching Workshops will be held January 20, 2008 and April 20, 2008.

I have been extremely thankful for your encouragement, support and prayers over this past year. As you are able, I would ask you to continue to pray:
:. For young leaders to hear about LAUNCH and apply to the program as their hearts are stirred by the Holy Spirit
:. For the Lord to continue to bring potential coaches of His choice to future workshops
:. That every coach who is ready to be partnered with a LAUNCHee will be granted patience and continued enthusiasm for LAUNCH as they wait to be matched and that when the match does take place it will occur at just the right time and with just the right young leader
:. For the Lord to bring a Resource Developer and LAUNCHee Coordinator to complete our team (see our website for details of these opportunities to serve with LAUNCH)

If you have any suggestions for me as I start this next year in my journey with LAUNCH I would certainly appreciate your ideas and input. In the meantime, please note that it would be a real privilege for me to be able to pray for you in a specific way, if you have any needs that you would like to share with me. May you know the Lord’s guiding presence in your lives, every step of the way, too!
- Jan

No comments: